Thirteen Assertions About Christ
I want to encourage you to meditate on the greatness and maybe even remind yourself of the greatness of Christ. We will be looking at Lamentations 3 this Sunday, Lord willing, and we will be reminding ourselves of the blessing of rehearsing truth and the hope that this provides.
In light of that, I want to show us the practical reality of this and help us rehearse the truth of what we have seen thus far about Christ. It will feed and nourish our souls to truly know and hold fast to the greatness of Christ, which Paul has just shown us in Colossians 1:15-20.
In Colossians 1:15-20, Paul offered us Thirteen Assertions about Christ. Read thru these this morning and meditate on what these mean and how they offer us strength and hope no matter what we face.
- He is the image of the invisible God (v. 15).
- He is the first-born of creation (v. 15).
- He is the originator of creation (v. 16).
- He is the agent of creation (v. 16).
- He is the goal of creation (v. 16).
- He is the antecedent of creation (v. 17).
- He is the sustainer of creation (v. 17).
- He is the head of the church (v. 18).
- He is the first-born from the dead (v. 18).
- He is the preeminent One (v. 18).
- He is the fullness of God (v. 19).
- He is the reconciler of all things to Himself (v. 20).
- He is the maker of peace (v. 20).
May the greatness of Christ bring great hope to us today and everyday. May we rehearse these great truths over and over so that we will never be moved away from the hope of the gospel, as we see Paul speak to in vv. 21-23, and we will touch on tomorrow.
More in From the Desk of the Pastor
April 11, 2021Important Announcement
February 24, 2021FAQ: La Iglesia de Odessa (LIDO)
November 5, 2020Rising Above the Noise