TCO Media Announcement 4/3/2020
On April 1, 2020, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order Number 20-91 to “ensure that the spread of COVID-19 is lowered, and that residents and visitors in Florida remain safe and secure.” The Executive Order issues a Safer At Home statement and defines essential services and essential activities.
Many may have noticed that according to Executive Order Number 20-91, churches are considered essential and the TCO Elders were made aware of this as well. Upon review, we noticed that although churches were listed as essential, the very next section of the Order also limited gatherings to 10 or less, which appeared to contradict.
Executive Order 20-92 amends Section 4 of Executive Order 20-91 to state that the order supersedes any conflicting official action or order issued by local officials in response to COVID-19, and otherwise ratifies and reaffirms Executive Order 20-91. This fully cleared up and negated the essentiality of churches under the current Order.
The Executive Order became effective 12:01 a.m. on April 3, 2020, and expires on April 30, 2020, unless extended by subsequent order.
As we await confirmation from State and Federal officials on when regular mass meetings can resume, The Church at Odessa Elders will be providing digital materials to aid our members and visiting families for participating in regular worship and devotion. As things change, updates will be provided via email and Facebook announcements. We love you all and dearly miss fellowship with you. If you have need or concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be putting our study in Romans on pause and begin a study in Philippians
- Sermons will air Sunday mornings at 9:15am EST until we can resume corporate worship on campus
- Sermons locations
- Facebook Page
- YouTube Channel
- TCO Website
- The sermons will be available afterward as an archive
- We encourage you to watch together with your family
- In compliance with CDC Guidelines, small gatherings to watch the sermons together is encouraged, but please use wisdom and discernment
Worship through Music
- The TCO worship team and Elders will be curating several songs every day that can be listened to and reflected upon
- We will not be doing live worship during the suspension of gatherings, but you can still glorify God in song with your family
- The songs will be available on our Facebook Page and Facebook Group Chat
Worship through Giving
- Until we are able to resume corporate worship, giving can be done either online or via USPS
- Online Giving
- The Church at Odessa
P.O. Box 923
Odessa, FL 33556
- The Church at Odessa
- Continuing every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Each of the Elders will be providing a biblical devotion for us to think and pray through
- Each week will be done by a single Elder, then the next and so on
- The devotions will come as an email with PDF attachment for easy access and reading
- Pastor Chris will be available on video chat for live Q&A
- The chat will run on Wednesdays from 7pm-8pm EST
- Topics will include sermon questions, devotion questions, etc.
- You can watch and interact with the chat live in our Facebook group Chat
More in From the Desk of the Pastor
April 11, 2021Important Announcement
February 24, 2021FAQ: La Iglesia de Odessa (LIDO)
November 5, 2020Rising Above the Noise